Interchange Beeswax and Paraffin in Beauty Recipes

There was a question that was submitted about paraffin recipes needed due to injury. I myself am searching for recipes to use paraffin. It can be found easily at any Walmart, drugstore, Bi mart, etc. But searching under "recipes with paraffin" gives a lot of information to use for paraffin in bath. Interestingly enough, I was just researching beeswax. This does the same thing but is natural and not toxic in any form. The list of recipes are available (a lot of them) and you can substitute paraffin in place of beeswax if your doctor insist on paraffin.

By shannah from Tigard, OR

I used to work at a doctor's office where we regularly used a paraffin bath for our patients during therapy. The paraffin that we bought was not just plain, standard paraffin that you get at any discount store. It was a medical grade, had oils and minerals added to it, and was much softer than standard paraffin. It also was sold in much larger slabs. It smelled so good, nothing like the paraffin that you make candles from. It also seemed to hold heat longer than regular paraffin when used and the oils helped it peel off the skin, fingernails and body easier than the standard stuff. Personally, I'm not sure regular paraffin or bees wax would work the same.

The melting temperature for beeswax does not fall in the spectrum of acceptable heat for a paraffin type bath. I have a Remington unit, did the switch yesterday to beeswax, after 4 plus hours on high the beeswax was still totally solid.

I would say the temperature needed to get a liquid beeswax would be way too high to tolerate.

My hands dry out and crack badly in winter a few years ago I Purchased a parafen bath I could dip my hands in parafen wax. My hand will heal in a day and be good for a week without the need for lotion. When I used lotion my hands will still crack and bleed but with the parafen dip they stay soft and smooth. I have seen many negative posts regarding the use of parafen so I am considering changing to Bee's Wax.

Beeswax has a higher melting point than paraffin. It may be too hot for your hands and feet to tolerate.

You might consider adding a few ounces of melted beeswax to melted paraffin for a blend. If you have a paraffin bath, it may not be able to melt the beeswax.

Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes AdviceMarch 2, 2010
🎂
🎃
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-09-22 11:30:36 in 482 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf27493428.tip.html