AdviceCharity

Getting a Free or Inexpensive Refrigerator

I'm a single mother of two and I needed help getting a refrigerator. I really need help. I'm about to move. Does anyone know where I might be able to get one cheaply or for free?

By Zaneta

Look on Yahoo.com for a freecycle group in your area. You can ask for one on there.

You can ask the folks that sell refrigerators if they have any units that have taken in when someone buys a new unit. For example I will be buying a new unit within the next month and the store I buy my new unit from will take the old unit. Sometimes they junk them and other times they hold on to them as they can sell at a low price to someone who needs a second unit for a camp or other such use.

You could check with thrift stores. When it comes to getting used items, most of the time you have to be prepared to haul the items yourself. You could ask the pastor of your church to check and see if anybody in the congregation has one they are wanting to get rid of, that is one way that it would probably be delivered to you.

I would join freecycle.org and then ask for one after you post an offer of something. ( a requirement before asking for something). I see refrigerators on mine all the time being given away. You have to be able to move it and pick it up yourself though I have gotten lots of things free through this site. Also rent to own is cheap at first, but in the long run it costs more. But it might be worth it.

Blessings, Robyn

Try freecycle we got a dryer from someone that posted it for free. We have also given many items away. It is a great give and take site.