Uses for Old Coffee Cups

I like like to find some other uses for coffee cups.

By nicole

Use one in your bathroom for toothbrushes - prettier and easier to use than those that have holes too small for today's brushes. Also useful for make-up brushes & nail files.
Pen & pencil cup, obviously.
The handles make mugs easier to eat from - soup, chili, ice cream, etc. (I don't eat as much as when I use a bowl!)
I keep one in my flour canister - I don't need an exact measurement when I make biscuits.

I have a mug with an odd shaped handle with my tooth brush and toothpaste in it. I also have 2 that were gifts from my son and daughter in law that I don't want in "circulation".

They are sitting on the counter with small items in them, measuring spoons etc.

If the cup is good sized plant some violets or other plant and give them as gifts.

Fill them with mixed nuts, jelly beans, or licorice bites...wrap that it Xmas "sell-a-phane" (do not know the proper spelling of the word) and gift them to folks on your list to get gifts for this year. Your only out a coffee cup & 8 ounces of nuts or candy. Perhaps the mixed nuts is the better idea as you do not know if the people receiving them are diabetic or trying to watch their waist line.

Anonymous

Use as a pen and pencil holder or as flower vases, I do ;-)

Hi, you can paint a plate and the cup, or try a little decoupage on them. After you do that then glue the cup to the plate and put a little piece of Styrofoam in the cup to hold fake flowers and even some picks.

All of this is available at craft stores. You might even get this stuff free on freecycle.com. These make cute gifts. We made some years ago as gifts to folks in the hospital. Use a good glue. Have fun, Travis

Umm... it's FreeCycle.org. You'll find links to your local FreeCycle groups there.

Donate to the local thrift store. Or, if you are into crafts, put old ceramic cups into a heavy plastic bag, (Wear eye protection & gloves). Take bag of cups outside or to the garage, and carefully break cups with a hammer. Make a mosaic table top or other project with your pieces.

Think simple. Repaint and fill with soil put a flower or beautiful arrangement in it.

Just be sure to break the handle off first.