How Do I Repair Burnt Doll Hair?

How do you fix your doll's hair when it is burnt? It is not a Barbie doll?

By Zar from Fresno, CA

Sadly, when it's burnt like that, there isn't much you can do. If it's synthetic, it might have melted, but if it's natural, it's ruined, too. The doll looks like an American Girl. I suggest sending her to a doll hospital or doll restoration expert. It might be a shade expensive, but they're trained in putting in new hair and can probably teach you how to keep it from being burned in the future while still styling it.

If it is a ceramic doll you can find replacement wig type hair to put on the doll. you can use a small amount of hot glue and stick it on.

I have replaced the hair on my daughters doll three times now, once after a bad hair cut, once after burns from a curling iron, and the last time she wanted the doll hair to match hers.

Home and Garden Repair ToysFebruary 16, 2011
💘
🍀