FloorsCleaning

Cleaning the Floor in a Wet Room

Category Floors

I have a wet room (bathroom), but I am finding no matter what products I use to clean the floor it still looks dirty. Is there any other product that I can use?

By Rosemondmarie

Anonymous

If the flooring is linoleum then the cause is most likely not dirt but rather moisture from under the linoleum. When moistures comes up from the subfloor/between the subfloor and linoleum it reacts with the linoleum glue and the linoleum glue seeps up and permanently stains the top surface of the linoleum.

No amount of chemicals are going to remove that kind of stain but, if you don't want to completely replace the flooring, there are linoleum paints and paint sealers available.

Have you tried the cleaner you use for the toilet? My husband does that with my wetroom and it comes up sparkling clean.

i have hard wet room floor but there a re a few brown spots and a largerer patch tried bleach soda crystals but still there

We too are experiencing the same problem; interesting to read that a toilet bowl cleaner has come up trumps - please elaborate as I would like to avail myself of the same detergent.

Ours is the same. In fact last times flooring was so bad council replaced everyone's in the district. This flooring we have is still awful. It is the bobbly non slip stuff. We chose grey but it looks brown in places no matter what we use.

I have been in hotels etc with lovely easy clean wet rooms but the council keeps fobbing us off. The best I have came across is a long handled scrubbing brush with pink stuff cleaning paste. Hope this helps.