Keep Lists Handy

I keep a list on the kitchen counter of things to do and things to buy. If I remember something else that needs to be done I just add it to the bottom of the list. After a day or two I rewrite the list and take off anything that's already marked off.

By Melanie

I always keep a "stuff to buy" list in my shirt pocket, along with a pen (I think I was born with a pen, a pocket knife, and a cigarette lighter). I write things on my "stuff to buy" list as I think of it. Mostly it's groceries, but it can include hardware, a bottle of whiskey, a new watch, a new set of tires, etc. Then next time I'm out I have a pretty good list of everything I need.

If it weren't for pockets, I probably wouldn't wear clothes at all. I find them quite annoying, but the pockets come in very handy.

The other way that I remind myself of things is just simply to write myself a note and leave it on my computer desk. I spend a lot of time on my computer so if I leave myself a message there, I never miss it!

By Robin

I have installed a free program on my computer. It is called AT Notes and you can find it by searching on Google. I use it to remind me of Dr. apppointments, my haircut appointment, and any other things that I have to remember. You just type up the reminder, whatever it is...Dr visit for example. type up the date and the time. You can hide it from view after you put a reminder date. I usually request a reminder for the day prior to the appointment or chore. On the reminder date, when you log onto your computer it pops up in the middle of the screen. Sure is a help to us who are old and absent minded. Works great and is FREE!!
Harlean from Arkansas

By SunshineRose (Guest Post)

When I know that I need to take things with me I put a canvas bag on the door. All of the things I need go in the bag. I can't miss the bag as it hangs on the door knob.

You can get a free app on your phone for list making; I forget to take my lists to the store, but rarely forget my phone, so this works better for me and no multiple notes lying around because I couldn't find my first note, lol.