RefrigeratorAppliances

Kenmore Side-by-Side Gets Too Cold

My Kenmore side by side freezes everything rock solid. The recommended setting is 4 and we have it at 2, but it still freezes too much. The refrigerator also gets too cold. Any ideas?

By Dennis from Princeton, MNmn

I've lived on my own alot and paid attention a lot. Usually when your fridge freezes up like that your freon is low if not tht then maybe your thermostat is bad.

We have had a side by side refrigerator for the past 2 years. I can't say I like it, because it is much smaller in capacity than our previous one which had the freezer on the top.

Previously I had the freezer portion and the refrigerator even in temperature. For the past month of more, I lowered the freezer portion to 1-1/2 and everything is rock solid.

Can anyone explain this to me? I hate to spend the money on the service call from Sears if something can be done by us.

Thanks for your help.

By Rosalie

Answers

I guess I don't understand your problem. You say your freezer is freezing everything rock solid and you don't want to pay for a service call. To me, that sounds like it is doing what it is supposed to do.

You should have a separate freezer control. Everything should be rock solid except ice cream. If ice cream is too hard, raise the temperature a little. If things are too soft then you may need a new thermostat.