AdviceCleaning

Removing Hardened Clay Cat Litter from the Driveway

How do I clean up cat litter with clay from the driveway? It was on my garage floor and when I swept it out into my driveway the clay stuck to the black top seal. When the litter got wet it turned into a thick gray mass.

By carole klecker from Eagan, MN

Anonymous

I never had that happen with kitty litter, but most likely what would work is a good push brooming and a power wash afterwards with the garden hose.

The method described about leaves streaks of cat litter

I'd be interested to know if you received an answer to your cat litter question. I have a similar problem; it was used to de-ice the driveway and now we have clumps of dried powder all over it that does NOT sweep away.

I agree, had a minor flood in laundry room and cant easily clean self clumping litter. Ive been scrapping with a paint scrapper. Just smears it around.

Im going to let it be overnight and go at it with a scrub brush and mild soap w/water in bucket. Then disposable towels to wipe up. Im not putting that stuff in my washer!