Poulan Pro Push Mower Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
Anytime your mower won't fire up, you will need to do some sleuthing to determine the cause. This is a page about Poulan Pro push mower won't start.

I have a Poulan Pro Push Mower. I tried to get it to start and it wouldn't. I checked the spark plug and it was bad so I changed it. I filled it up with gas and it has oil. What else could make it not start?

James from Portageville, MO

Answers

Best Answer

To narrow down the problem, spray a shot of starting fluid in the carb and try to start then. If it starts and dies or engine tries to fire, you have a fuel problem. If it does not fire, you have a electrical problem. Try this and go from there. This at least lets you know which way to troubleshoot. Hope this is useful.

Best Answer

You could either have a clogged air filter, or a no ground on your dead man switch.

In order for an engine to fire, you need three things: G.A.S. Gas, Air, Spark

Best Answer

I know it's an old post, but if I just found it, maybe this will help someone. My problem was the fuel I left in the gas tank the whole winter got bad.

I followed a youtube video and took a part the main components to clean out: top lid, fuel tank, and carb. Opened up carb easily. Sprayed everything with brake cleaner, reassembled, poured in fresh gasoline and it worked after a few pulls.

It took about 30 minutes. The only tricky part was the carb linkage wire. Just gently bend the wire hook out of the hole with a plier before removing carb.

The throttle cable doesn't seem to do anythingso I can move the starter bar back and forth like it's not connected.

Answers

You could have a broken cable. Here is how to fix it m.youtube.com/watch?v=S9D5MVCU5fg

The bar you hold to start my self propelled Poulan push mower isn't moving at all. What do I need to do?

Answers

You may have a stuck throttle cable. You need to disassemble it and lubricate it. Instructions are here. www.familyhandyman.com/.../

I have a Poulan lawn mower. The clutch cable broke while in gear cutting the grass. The clutch cable was replaced. However the mower will not start, no clinking when key turned. The battery is fully charged, but the mower does not even move in neutral. It appears to be stuck in gear.

Any idea of the problem on fixing problem?

Answers

This is not the time of year for a broken mower...no fun. You didn't mention the model number...so these may or may not help. I hope they do though!

My three go to's when things break are:

1. The store where I bought it and ask for their expert on the item. Even better...I go and talk to someone in person...I have had nice folks draw me little pictures on how to make simple fixes to things.

2. YouTube...what did we do without that! I guess I had my dad, but he has been gone for many, many years...so I now have videos.... www.youtube.com/watch?v=viB20OQ4jaY

3. I go to my real brain...THE Google as a friend calls it...
This link has some good troubleshooting www.doityourself.com/.../166733-lawn-tractor-transmission...

Other things to check are if your mower was recalled...could get you a free repair. There are some Poulan recalls out there...but without knowing the year or model, I wasn't able to match yours. The recall site I like is www.consumeraffairs.com/lawn-mower-and-tractor-news-recalls...

Don't forget to use safety precautions if you go the do it yourself route!! Eye and hand protection are musts with the sharp world of mowers!

Good luck!

Home and Garden Repair Machines Lawn MowersJune 27, 2017
🍀
💘

Generated 2020-01-13 23:12:01 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️