Contain Glitter With a Dryer Sheet

When using glitter, teeny weeny beads, or even sequins, I find they fly around because of static electricity. If you take an ordinary dryer sheet (softener) and wipe everything that will touch the glitter "except" the item you are glittering, nothing will stick or fly away. I even rub the paint brush I use to get the glitter off the item and the tray I use to pour it in, on the sheet. Works like a charm!

By HalfWhit from Ashdown, AR

That's a great idea! Thank you.

I've been looking everywhere for something called a scrapping buddy. It's a bag filled with French 'white' clay that you wipe across your paper to remove static cling before you use glitter, embossing pwd. or embossing glitter. I can't even find them online anymore. My hubby came up with the idea of dryer sheets but I was afraid the fabric softener might ruin my projects. Now, thanks to you, I know I can use this idea safely for my scrapbooking! Thank you so much for your idea!

Crafts MiscellaneousDecember 22, 2010
🍀
💘