Catching Baby Geese to Take to Wildlife Rescue Organization

Okay so this time I found 4 or 5 little baby geese or ducklings swimming aground in the pond without a parent or parents. I called wildlife and they said that you have to catch them and bring them in. But I don't know how to catch them because they stay in the water all day. They don't come to bread when you throw it or any other food. Please help.

By Shae

Get some duck food and put it on land away from the water they should come to land to eat it. Make sure it is somewhere you can close them in to pick them up.

I can't imagine why they would tell you to catch them! Most wildlife people say leave them and the parents will be back. I'd go away and let the older parents come. They could be scared with you there. It would be unusual for something to happen to both parents.

They've been out there without parents still. I tried everything.

Better Living Green Living WildlifeJune 5, 2010
💘
🍀