Skimming the fat off the chicken stock and using a minimum of oil and no added salt means that this crunchy rice is lower in fat, saturated fat, and sodium.
1. Bring water and stock to a boil in medium-size saucepan.
2. Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer 20 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Reserve.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
5. Saute onion and celery over moderate heat 3 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients including reserved cooked rice. Fluff with fork before serving.
Yield: 10 servings - Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Each serving provides:
Total fat: 5 g
Saturated fat: less than 1 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!