Reclaiming Scented Candles

I had many glass candle jars that have burned down to the bottom that could not be re-lit but still had quite a bit of wax at the bottom. What I did was purchase a candle warmer. It looks like my plug in coffee cup warmer I keep on my desk. I bought mine at Michael's for $5.00.

What this does is melt the candle in the glass and it omits the aroma of what ever candle you are burning. You no longer have to worry about a flame because you don't light the wick. But you do have to be careful not to spill the hot wax which is now liquified.

What I did with my glass candle jars was melt the remaining wax and pour it into another jar with a new wick secured to the middle. I made different layers of different aromas and colors so none of the wax went to waste. The warmer is mainly for scented candles.

By Firefly 1985

I love my warmer too! I've been experimenting with different combinations of candles, also. They smell seems stronger and lasts longer than conventional burning :)