PlumbingHome

Fixing A Dripping Shower

If your shower drips long after someone's finished showering, unscrew the screw that holds the water control handle and the pin that holds the shower diverter (for hot or cold water), so you can pull the shower diverter off to clean. Clean everything thoroughly and reassemble. This procedure worked for us and no more drips continuously and no need to call a repairman for the job. (no need to shut off outside water to house when attempting this procedure.)

Thank you so much for this advice. I'll file it under great repair ideas, in My favorites, in case 'This Ole
House' begins leaking there TOO! lol It's hard to chuckle with so many repairs needed/done already.
Regardless, I'm grateful for the home God has provided all of these years! God bless you, too. : )

Hey! I think your method is probably what we need.. but the thing is I c ant figure out how to remove the pin that holds the shower diverter. Its a circular clip, and is kinda slotted behind a round nut. (picture attached) It's a very old shower by Heritage Bathrooms (1928) if that makes any differance. Your help will be greatly appreciated, as the drip is causing a nasty stain in our bathtub! Thanx!

p.s. - the pic is from my mobile phone, hence isn't clear. Can u email the reply at ritu.dave @ mac.com? (remove spaces)