MiscellaneousCleaning

Low Odor Dry Erase Pen on White Board

Category Miscellaneous

I have used a low odor dry erase pen on a white board. Now this ink appears to be permanent on this white board. I have scrubbed with dry cloths to no avail, so I have tried water and even water and vinegar. Does anybody know how to get this ink off?

Thanks!
Priscilla

Try spraying a bit of Aerogard on it (personal insect repellent) It generally works well

This simple tip worked perfectly for me when my son wrote with permanent marker on an organ keyboard. Trace over what is written in the old marker, with a new dry erase marker, preferably in the same color. Then just wipe it off. The marker underneath should come off with the new marker. Hope it works for you.

Rubbing alcohol or anything with alcohol as a main ingredient (cheap hairspray, hand sanitizer) will dissolve the ink without harming the white board!

Good Luck!
Rebekah

I must agree with eyedocwife's idea as a super one - I've fond that the best way to remove ANY stain is to "re-constitute" - if you will. (For example, to get motor oil off of jeans, I spray them with WD-40 and wash as normal - take them out of the washer and - viola - NO MORE MOTOR OIL!! But trust me, the first time I sprayed WD-40 on my clothing I said a lot of prayers!! But back to your erase board. I'm a public speaker and in one of our "tecnhiques" classes, a speaker said that he feared he'd ruined a client's white board with what turned out to be permanent marker, but was relieved when a woman came up during a break with a little pad of acetone nail polish remover and the ink came right off. If the ideas above don't work, you might want to give it a try!!

By (Guest Post)

Using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser might work too.

By Syd (Guest Post)

I used some baking soda and wipe it off.

By KLS8800 (Guest Post)

Just curious, but I wonder if that Mr Clean dry erase sponge would help.

By (Guest Post)

I had the same problem and used a clorox brand wipe and it removed it all. A Lysol brand wipe would probably work too.

By Damaris Dunlap (Guest Post)

How do I get this type of black out of fabric in a child's dress?

By Mary (Guest Post)

I have tried Vodka in response to the alcohol idea but it is not great. I found this product online but I don't know if i can get it in the UK.

MB10W Whiteboard Cleaner
http://www.solu  teboard_Cleaner/