Use a Ribbon Instead of a Chain for Pendants

Use an inexpensive ribbon (for example the 50-cent or 99-cent ribbon at a craft store) instead of a chain with your favorite pendant. This is best for costume jewelry or high-quality inexpensive jewelry, not fine jewelry, but it adds a special touch to any outfit. Even dressy outfits will go well with a ribbon necklace.

An added benefit is that you can trim the ribbon to fit the size you want: if you want a choker, trim it to fit just around your neck; or if you want it to hang below your neckline, cut a longer length of ribbon. You can also pick any ribbon that coordinates with your outfit. The possibilities are endless.

By ALS from Columbia, MD

That is a very smart idea that I'd never thought of. I will go out and get some ribbon to match my outfits, as I have several large pendants. Thanks for sharing, and God bless you!