Helpful HintsFood Tips

Melt Marshmallows For Rice Krispies Outside

Temperature at 4 this afternoon was 102 degrees F. It has been hot today. Too hot for our area. I wanted to make a batch of Rice Krispie treats, and just for curiosity I decided to see if the marshmallows would melt in the sun.

I put the melted butter in the pan, added the marshmallows, and set it out in the sun around noon. At 4, I checked it and the marshmallows were melted and just perfect for mixing in the Rice Krispies. It worked! Enough of this hot weather though, I'm ready for cool weather.

By littergitter from NC

I failed to mention that I did have a lid on this pot, and we don't have a problem with flies or ants so critters were no problem.