Making Cheap Ground Beef Healthier

My frugal tip is for cooking, but it's also a healthy one. Buy the cheap ground beef and BOIL it! The fat will rise to the top! Just don't pour the water (and grease) down your sink. Just for fun, set the whole pot (after it has cooled down) into the fridge over night then see how much disgusting FAT you are NOT putting into your body and arteries. The ground beef will absorb the flavors of the food you are using it in!

Trust me, you and your friends won't know the difference and it'll save ya from a heart attack (hopefully) in the future! Please let me know how ya'll like it!

Tootles,

By sheila

By Leah from Australia (Guest Post)

I always do this - it gets so hot here that fatty things are just disgusting. It's a great tip, hope lots of other people use it. If I buy cheap minced beef the fat content can be almost an inch in the top of a medium sized pan. YUCK ! !
Best wishes, Leah.

By Michele (Guest Post)

I do this also. I also rinse my ground beef when I use it.

By Soni Nicole (Guest Post)

I do this too. I also rinse it in more water after it's cooked to get rid of even more fat.

it's disgusting how much fat is in even the leanest of the ground beef. I think it's 30% or something!

By anna (Guest Post)

I did that for awhile but my family CAN tell the difference so I quit doing it.

My mother boiled the ground beef for spaghetti, chili, soups and other recipes. I put the chopped ground beef in a cast iron pan, cover with water, season to taste with salt and pepper, cover, simmer until chopped ground beef is cooked well done, drain and use in recipes without the fat.

Food and Recipes Food Tips MeatJune 4, 2008
🌻
🐰
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf33818602.tip.html