InspirationalPhotos

Photo: High Flying Flag

One windy day in my hometown of Bandon, Oregon, my husband and I hopped in the car and headed to the children's park, by our local library. Here, I had an appointment for a photo shoot with my best girlfriend and her precious miracle baby of a daughter (long story). I had planned everything out, props, lighting, color contrasts and what happened, but baby was cranky! Lol, it happens. We ended up rescheduling for another day.

It actually worked out rather well. As usual, being so close to the ocean, the wind was blowing, making for a beautiful visual of our American flag, which proudly flies between the community building and park. Whipping in the wind, wrapping around its pole a few times, the sun hit the flag just perfectly, causing it to glow.

I am so proud of the foundation of my country and think back on our founding fathers and their mission each time I see our flag. I can't help but swell with pride, satisfaction, a feeling of absolute luck, and a little fear. Our country may be in a bit of turmoil at the moment, but I do believe we can pull together and make it through. In fact, I know we can, as long as we are willing!

This country was founded on the belief of freedom, faith, hard work, determination, and the beauty of being given an opportunity, a chance. We have the minds and hearts to fix any problem we are faced with, and we only must remember this. We must be just, honorable, and honest!

Anyway, I could ramble on forever about how wonderful our country is, as well as the issues we recently face, but I'll end now by just saying, "God bless America!"

By Chelle152 from Coquille, OR

A big "Amen"! GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Love your flag photo, Granny Vi! :D

Reply Like this photo? Yes