Add Vanilla to Half and Half Instead of Buying Creamer

Rather than buying the pricey vanilla coffee cream, I buy half and half and add vanilla flavoring to my tea or coffee. All you need is 1/4 tsp. and you have the same great flavor that you get from the store bought cream.

By Betts from Darlington, SC

When I saw this post, I went into Walmart and priced them both. A quart of Half and half is 10 cents cheaper than a quart of French Vanilla Creamer (Walmart store brand). Also, the cost per ounce of evaporated milk is about the same as half and half (except the fat free H/H, it's more expensive.) In PA, milk prices are regulated. I don't know if that's the case in other states.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BeveragesFebruary 15, 2010
🍀
💘