Product FinderConsumer Advice

Polish for Laminate Countertops

I am looking for a polish for laminate countertops.

Mick

I use a product called Spray Nine from Home Depot. It works better than anything I have tried previously.

Does it leave a residue -- haven't tried this approach, just basic cleaners.

I know this may sound crazy, but try some WD-40. Either spray it on and wipe off with dry cloth or spray on cloth and wipe counter top. It works wonders on stoves, frigerators, faucets, and you wouldn't believe what it will do for a shower wall.

Flwrlady

I would not use WD 40. It is an industrial lubricant and not approved for use where you are going to prepare meals or handle food.

On other uses such as showers etc. the product will build up a coating and eventually have to be cleaned off. WD 40 should be used for its intended useage. Read the label.

Depending on what you're actually trying to accomplish, I generally use a very good Automobile wax that cleans & polishes for the kitchen, or for the bathroom, I use Gel Gloss, excellent; non-abrasive and the porcelain looks new
(about $5.99/16oz at Sears Hardware store).

WD-40 advertises that it has 100 uses, AND warns that it is flammable, so DO NOT USE AROUND OR NEAR A STOVE or indoors because of furnaces and/or fireplaces! The product's main ingredient is FISH OIL, and has a pungent propellant, so it makes no sense to use in the kitchen at all, although it smells nice, but not supposed to be used in a non well-ventilated area.

God bless and help you. : )