Use "Pooper Scooper" in the Garden

I have a passion for gardening, but am always frustrated that garden accessories, like good tools, are so expensive. The other day I was planting some herb seeds and trying hard to get out all the small rocks out of the dirt. The more I raked the more I found, but so many just went through the tines of the rake.

I thought to myself, "there must be a better way," and then I thought of my plastic cat "pooper scooper". It worked like a charm and I wondered why I had never thought of using it as a garden tool before! So now my seeds can grow without competing with so many little pea shaped stones.

By Maggie from North Springfield, VT

That's a clever idea. I use a screen I made from an 8 inch square of hardware cloth left over from another project. I like my screen but I wonder if I'd have taken the time to make it if I'd thought of my liter box.

I'm going to take one out to the garden myself. It sounds great!

Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousJune 11, 2010
📓
🌻
🎂