Keep Chocolate From Melting

I came up with this idea on Easter. To keep our children's chocolate from melting on our long drive home, I put frozen Popsicles on the bottom of a Styrofoam cooler. The Popsicles are individually wrapped in plastic, and can be re-frozen. They kept our candy from melting, and didn't make a mess all over the cooler.

By Cheryl from Arlington, GA

Why not just put re-usable freezer packs into the bottom of the cooler? That's much thriftier! Or even a bag of ice is only $1, and not $3- $4 like many kinds of popsicles cost.

When I take along something I want to stay cold, I used the little prefilled fruit shaped "ice cubes" from the Dollar Store. I bought them for $1.00 They freeze good but won't get things wet and you can use over and over. Came in REAL handy during summer and taking cakes to picnics and salads that needed to stay cool. I would put them in a one size larger container and put my filled container on top and cover. They are prettier than ice also!