Transporting Soup for Potlucks

We have a lot of eat days at work for birthdays, etc. We usually have a theme. Occasionally, it will be a soup theme. The last time we had one of these parties I made the soup the evening before, and put it into a gallon sized zip lock bag.

Then I put the bag in the crock pot (it was winter, so I could leave it on the back porch until morning, but it could be refrigerated if you have room). The next day I didn't have to worry about the soup spilling on the way to work. It worked very well.

By Kmcb59 from Washington State

What a great idea! I would have been afraid that the bag would melt but now that you've done it I know that it will be alright and I won't be so scared of doing this myself, thanks!

Fantastic idea! Sometimes, I use the large plastic coffee cans to take food to pot lucks.

You can decorate them easily and if you don't get them back you haven't lost much.

This is a Great idea. I have had many a spill in the past, turning a corner! Bless you!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJanuary 6, 2010
🐛
🌻
📓
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf35385593.tip.html