TransplantingGardening

Transplanting the Babies from a Ponytail Plant

Can you please tell me how to graft off baby ponytail plants from the mother plant? It has 4 new babies; they have been growing about 5 months now.

I have had my pony tail plant since 1978,we got it for our wedding. Both of us were 17 years old. Even though the marriage didn't work (we are friends) my plant was 18 when we got it so you can imagine how I am so attached. Many trips across the Country plus moving several times it is still alive. Mine is in a pot so I just had to transplant because it needed so much more room. It's very hard to find planters that big which doesn't cost a fortune. Anyway back to your question, unknown to me my ex-husband took a start from the plant, his now has been growing since 1986. He just took a saw (small) and cut it off, put it right in the dirt and it lives! Good luck they are beautiful.