Cooking Oil Spray for Wasps in Kitchen

I was in the kitchen and saw a wasp flying around. I didn't want to spray bug killer in the house so I took a can of generic cooking spray, and sprayed the bug when it landed on the window. It fell to the floor and I could step on it and get rid of it. The oil coats the wings and they can not longer fly.

By Sandra from PA

Hair spray works great to just spray and they fall to the floor.

Why not use a fly swatter. I would think cooking spray would leave a grease mark and then you have a window to clean or wherever you spray, grease to clean up. I would think this would be especially dangerous if the cooking spray gets on the floor then you have a slippery spot which may cause a bad fall. I'm sorry, but I just don't think this is a very good idea.

Anonymous

Sorry but ditto with chef4u plus you've wasted cooking oil :-( If you don't have a fly swatter just do the old fashioned twist a dish towel and snap/flick them with it.

Air freshener spray works, too, and smells nice besides! Since I'm visually impaired and hubby's vision is getting poor due to cataracts, sometimes the air freshener works better than the fly swatter.

Anonymous

The cooking oil hack works great for me, since I get really bad panic attacks due to bugs like this whenever they get inside. Thank you!