Stretching Ankle Boots

I am looking to stretch a pair of ankle boots that I have. Instead of buying an expensive stretch spray, does anyone know of a homemade solution?

Marie from FL

Depending on the size, shove a soup can, or soda bottle, something that fits tight, into the shoe/boot and then generously blot alcohol on the area you want stretched. Works best on leather.

Put a plastic bag in the shoe. Fill the bag with water and tie it up. Put the bag in the freezer. The next day take it out. The shoe should be stretched.

I don't remember where I read this, but I tried it and it works.

I put alcohol on my feet just before I put tight shoes on, it works. You may also need to put some on the spot that needs stretching.

In the army they would stand in a pail of water, with boots on. They would wear untill dry, perfect fit.I know this sounds bad but,my boyfriend said it was the only way.Their boot where new, stiff and hard.

Put the shoes on and spray them down with water and wear them until they are dry. They will fit much better, I once had a pair of shoes I could only wear little while. I chased my 2 yr old son in damp grass and then just wiped the shoes off and kept going. The next time they never hurt my feet.

Thank you all for your suggestions. I just have a question though.....will the water harm my leather boots?

I had my husband take my boots and after a little thought he cme up with the follwing method. It stretched the calves of my tall boots :) almost 2 ".
Get small inflatable rubber balls, about 6 " or 10" depending upn the width of the boots. After treating them very well, almost to the point of being wet with leather softener, insert the rubber balls as they fit into the areas needed to stretch, pump up slowly until the leather starts stretching, you will hear it and it is uniform all around as the ball gets tight in the boots. leave sit for at least 2 hours, pump up slowly 2-3 more pumps and let sit another hour. Deflate the balls, recondition the boots and try them out. my success was awesome. no tears, no marks in the leather and it even worked near the top of the zippers, just make sure you go slow near them and use extra softener. Good luck.