Umbrella Table Plastic Ring Replacement

The plastic ring on our outdoor glass umbrella table broke a couple of years ago in a wind. To fill the gap between the umbrella and the table, I cut an inverted Yoplait Yogurt container and forced it down into the hole. It has lasted for over two years now. What a surprise.

By springmaid5

By Linne Dodds (Guest Post)

My table is metal & I thought I had lost the ring so I made one from the top of a spray paint can.
A lot of them have a smaller ring inside to go on top of the spray button . I save them to mark posts & even outlined a small garden with them one time when I seemed to be painting everything in sight.
Anyhoo,I cut up the side to the flat top,cut around it ,then punched a hole in the middle with a nail & used a craft knife to cut out the center close to the edge of the small ring . It worked just fine & I eventually found the official one.
I haven't used my table much in recent years due to too many bugs. However they are less now so who knows maybe a nice fall picnic couldn't hurt.