FlowersGardening

Garden: Spring Flowers

This little red rose is called Freedom Rose. I bought it as a sprig from Walmart 10 years ago. It requires a lot of water and regular fertilizing, but the reward is the blooms stay on. They last for weeks, even in heat and rain. This one is 8 days old, and the last storm didn't touch it.

The white lily is a vanillium crinum that will grow in shade or sun, with plenty of water and regular feeding. It smells like vanilla and last about 4 days.

This day lily is a reclaim from a friend, Lamon. He shared one of two pieces he had found in a ditch last spring in North Georgia. This was my bloom this spring.

To my surprise, some other lilies bloomed this spring. I found I already have that daylily and a single of it, too. So easy to grow, and it blooms after the hybrids have quit. The last bloom is of the single.

By gbk from South Georgia

If you ever have one of the double lily to share I would love to trade you something from "The Path Garden ". I'd love to have it as an addtion to the garden. GG Vi

Reply Like this photo? Yes