TipsFrugal Living

Use Mirrors to Maximize Flowers Effect

Twice as many flowers for the price. A small bunch of rosebuds cost just $4 for six blooms yesterday at the local supermarket. When the flowers were placed in a vase on the buffet, close to the mirror on the wall, it suddenly looked like there were a dozen roses, not just six. Nice.

I imagine that thrifty brides could maximize the impact of the money they spend on flowers with mirrors.

By Holly from Holly, MI

Holly, what a great idea! It could be used on tables at a wedding reception, only place the mirrors on the table flat and put clear vases with flowers on that!

I use CD's under votive candles for the same effect....people are amazed how much it raises the impact of the candles. Just buy some cheap ones (CD's) or do as I have, save all the "samples" that come in the mail and set aside... To cover the hole and color in the middle, for a golden anniversary I used gold legal seals.

You can use any color (or silver) circle. It also helps keep the candle holder from sliding on the CD. It's a little extra work but it is nice to have all the same and looks a lot better if a candle gets moved inadvertently, too. Try this, I think you'll love the look.