Crocheted Victorian Tree

Here is another ornament I made and didn't sell. This one is a crocheted Victorian tree. As most of you know, Americana is tan, burgundy and navy. Well, Victorian is tan, burgundy and hunter green. It is a beautiful yarn, and you can't get it in the stores except during the holidays.

What I did, was start with two strands crocheted at once. I started with an "N" hook and a chain 2, then made 1 sc (single crochet) in the second stitch from the first chain. Chain 1 and turn, making a single crochet in that same one, then one across.

For you seasoned crocheters, you know we are making a "V" shaped by increasing just one stitch per row. Row 1 is two stitches, Row 2 is three, row 3 is four, and so on. I put on 7 rows, which makes the item about 4x4 inches total.

The last row, I chain 3 and make a "scallop" on each stitch across the bottom, breaking off and weaving in the tail.

On a trip to the Dollar Tree, I found strands of gold, green, red, silver, and blue beads that are just glued onto the string.

They were perfect for the tree's ornaments, so I bought a lot and cut them off the string during TV or whenever. You will save time and your hands if you use a toenail clipper. It gets closer and you won't cramp up.

I cool glued them to the tree, topping it off with a fabric star.

Because your item is crocheted, you really don't need to add a hanger.

ENJOY!

By Sandra from Salem, OR

These are just beautiful. I am of course crochet challanged but Mother is not. LOL... I am printing to show these to her tomorrow morning. I am loving them!!!

Happy holidays and you do lovely work!!

Laura