Ruby Tuesday's Mashed Cauliflower?

I had Mashed Cauliflower at Ruby Tuesday's and loved them. If any one knows how to make them, I would love to have them for Easter.

Thank you,

Joanne Weaver from Kingston, PA

Best Answer

I have made this recipe but used the frozen cauliflower and it came out delicious. My neighbor used fresh cauliflower and it took way too long and the taste was not as good. Save yourself some time an opt for frozen. Happy Eating!

By Michele (Guest Post)
Best Answer

When we were on the Atkins diet, we mashed the cauliflower and made it just like you would mashed potatoes. Just use less of what you normally would or low fat versions of butter/milk.

Best Answer

Here is a recipe for Mashed Cauliflower. Not RT, but good.

Recipe: So Simple Cauliflower Mashed "Potato"

8 Cups cauliflower florets or a small head of cauliflower

1/4 cup Kraft ranch dressing
1 green onion thinly sliced

Bring water to boil in large sauce pan. Add Cauliflower, cook 15 minutes or until cauliflower is very tender. Drain cauliflower, add dressing and mash until cauliflower is light and fluffy. sprinkle with onions. Serve.

By Big Al (Guest Post)
Best Answer

For the best results steam the cauliflower, this method retains the flavor and nutrients. It also keeps the integrity of the cauliflower from being "mushy". After steaming mash and add other ingredients, try feta cheese. Finish by baking in oven until a light golden crust forms. RT is marginal at best.

By arline handin (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I've tried them all and I came up with my own recipe that I think is better than all of them and low fat. Just steam a head of cauliflower in very little water - put garlic in the water and when the water is evaporated wait a minute or two till the bottom sticks slightly and it is tender - just mash it with pepper and butter or Smart Balance and it tastes like mashed potatoes with onions.

By Marie (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I made them last night and if it's the same ones your talking about they taste like mashed potatoes. I just steam the cauliflower in the microwave, try to make sure when they are done they don't have as much liquid in them.

then you put them in the blender or food processor to texture and add butter or butter spray and roasted garlic. no milk is needed. So good! So good for you too!

By Gregg (Guest Post)
Best Answer

The best way I have ever had Cauliflower Mash is to take an onion cut, at least 1 cauliflower cut up and a garlic clove cut up. Boil this til soft and then drain very well. Add some goat cheese or cottage cheese pepper and mash. When it doesn't matter for dietary reason, I will add just a little potato flakes just to make them more firm you will be surprised just a little bit of that potato taste and you will think it's all potato.

By California Sunshine (Guest Post)
Best Answer

I used cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic, onion powder, came out great. Mashed with a manual potato masher.

CostCo sells packages of Boursin cheese, garlic & herbs, and others. We'll try this instead next time.

www.recipezaar.com/110170

By Bill (Guest Post) (Guest Post)

My understanding of Atkins is that it requires the consumtption of fat to work correctly. In light of what I just read in the Atkins New Diet Revolution book, it makes perfect sense to use real butter or heavy cream (in fact, one recommendation is to sub heavy cream for milk).

By Jim from Virginia (Guest Post)

For the person who substituted Splenda for sugar, thinking it was more healthy - you need to do a little more research - that stuff is deadly!!

By Josh Wyatt Certified Trainer - Ruby Tuesday (Guest Post)

1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp corn starch
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. granulated sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. white pepper

pinch garlic powder
1/8 tsp. onion powder

By Betty (Guest Post)

I just had RT Mashed Cauliflower and it definitely had a touch of nutmeg in it. Can anyone verify this? It was delicious.

By Sue (Guest Post)

I had RT mashed cauliflower yesterday and thought it was absolutely delicious! I've tried to make it myself a number of times and can never get the right consistency. They don't beat or cream like potatoes do...I tried using a blender and that didn't work, tried just mashing with a fork or masher and that didn't work either. How do you all get that consistency?

By JoLinda (Guest Post)

If sauces and mashed cauliflower arrive at RT already premade then how do you know what went into the the recipe? Do the list it all on the package?

By Rhonda (Guest Post)

I made this last night and all I did was cut my cauliflower into florets then boiled them. Then I used my food processor until it was smooth which I poured the mix in a sauce pan and used heavy cream & butter & black pepper and it came out excellent.

I love this stuff. My husband and I are watching our diets so this is perfect over pototoes. 8:)

By Rio (Guest Post)

Steam Cauliflower, add some butter, a little cream, handful of grated parmgarlic powderr, sea salt..Mash, bake till golden. NO SUGAR, if you want to sweeten try AGAVE syrup.

Food and Recipes Recipes Copycat AppetizersApril 13, 2006
📓
🎃
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf393847.tip.html