TipsFrugal Living

Product Review: EZ Squeeze Tube Squeezer

Last November, when on a visit to my neighborhood Dollar Tree, I happened to stumble upon this product. It is an E Z Squeeze Tube Squeezer. It's made to enable you to use all of the toothpaste from the tube!

I purchased one, which was all I could find at the time. I came home and immediately began using it. Wow! I can't say enough about this ingenious product. I absolutely love it!

Once you use about 1-1/2 inches of your tube of toothpaste, you insert the flattened tube end into it and roll up the tube and keep the remainder of the tube full. See, my photo. It is so much nicer looking in your bathroom too. The best thing is that it only cost $1.00! What a great thrifty frugal purchase that is!

I have one in each of my bathrooms. On the package it states that you can use it for other tubed items but, I admit, I have only used it for toothpaste.

When I had a frugal/cookie swap party at my house in November, this was one of the ideas I shared with my party guests. I have since shared it with my children, other friends, and my sisters. I even gave mine away, while on a visit to a sister's home in North Carolina, because we couldn't find them at her local Dollar Tree. When she came to visit me, we went to my Dollar Tree and she bought 6-8 of them to give to her children.

I am not sure how long this product has been on the market, but I can assure you that if I have one that breaks, I will have a spare one to replace mine. They must go like "hotcakes" as I only see them at the Dollar Tree about every 3rd visit there.

Source: Found this product at the Dollar Tree. Not sure if they are sold anywhere else.

By southeastgeorgiapeach from Jesup, GA

Thanks for the info. I'll have to check the Dollar Tree in my area.

I took your advise and I bought two for me and one for my daughter. Great product. Thanks for the tip

I have a couple that I have had for about ten years. I bought them at a store called "Everything 79 Cents". Besides toothpaste, I use it for A+D ointment and antibacterial ointment. They do work quite well.

Instead of buying something which may or may not break and which may or may not end up in the landfill for many, many years, I just use the large office-type clips. These then can be used for other things as well. (I look for them at garage sales, or ask if I don't see them and folks usually have a bunch they hadn't thought of selling! I can get them for $.10 to $.15 each!)

This is a wonderful item isn't it! I purchased one many many years ago just not like this design but works just as well though now I am going to stop by the Dollar Store and get a couple more just to have on hand.I know full well that I paid more then a dollar for mine when I bought it. This one just looks a lot nicer.

I had bought one years ago & it eventually broke and couldn't find them again. Ingenuity dawned and I took one of my 3 inch long metal barrettes, folded the tooth paste end and put barrette just above the fold! Works perfectly and didn't cost me a penny.

I suggest that you save your money and grab the tube by the top and the bottom and slide it down the edge of the counter to flatten it (push product toward the top) whenever needed. Then when you absolutely can't squeeze out any more, cut the tube at the bottom and up one side to access (with toothbrush or finger) the rest of the product. After each use, put something on top of the tube to keep the contents from drying out until you can finish the last little bit. Recycle tube.

Artists would love these for their tube paints. I bought a similar article at an art supply store, but it broke right away. When it was working, however, it was much easier than all the tube squeezing and pushing that is required to get the last bit of paint out of the tube. And when you are working with a dozen tubes of paint, at the very least, it can be tedious. Paint is considerably more expensive than toothpaste, as well.

I will try some of these other suggestions (office clip), but I fear it will not be strong enough for the paint tubes.