Product Review: Bissel Little Green Carpet Cleaner

Model: Little Green

Manufacturer: Bissel

Cost: $75.00

I purchased the Little Green not only because I have (2) kids and (2) dogs, but because I am about the clumsiest person on the planet.

I was painting my room a nice shade of navy blue; I stupidly moved my ladder and didn't pay attention to where I was going and knocked my paint can over on my CREAM CARPET.

In a panic I grabbed a bunch of shop towels and sopped up what I could (it was enough paint to fill the bottom of your paint tray).

Luckily it was an area rug so I crammed a bunch of shop towels underneath it to prevent getting it on my hardwood floor. I grabbed my Little Green - didn't have carpet cleaner, so I had to use some of my Gain He laundry soap.

It took about 20 minutes and 3 refills, but it came out; my husband didn't notice anything. If he didn't see any stain in the middle of a cream area rug, the Little Green saved me once again!

Source: Unfortunately, personal experience

By Shirthead from Greenleaf, WI

Dear Adorable 'Shirthead' - I love that name/title.

Thanks for the review. I have been considering buying that machine. Thanks again.

Has anyone ever used this product for cleaning a microfiber couch? I have yet to find a good way to clean my microfiber furniture.

Thanks for the laugh! You'd have some competition from my sister and me in the clumsiness department, though. :D

Hi all, And a special hello to "Shirthead" We have one of these little cleaners and it works pretty good for cleaning up small messes. I wouldn't use it to clean up a big mess or to routinly clean a large area. It is pretty handy for those times when one of the cats has an accident on the carpet. It will get borrowed if your neighbors find out you have one.