Cleaning Product Reviews

Category Cleaning
Cleaning products can be expensive, and know what your getting and how well they work. This is a guide about cleaning product reviews.

I've cleaned many houses in my time and these are just a few cleaning products that, in my opinion, there's not a product on the market to compare to them.

1. Oreck vaccuum cleaners. I clean a large church and no other gets over and underneath pews without wearing me out. The one there is probably 5 years old and so far only 2 broken belts and a handle replaced.

2. Lysol Bath Tub and Tile cleaner (also comes in a Spring Fresh scent). No other product cleans or smells better.Don't waste money on cheap stuff.

3. Tylex Soap Scum cleans the worst scum with very little scrubbing. Windex - Don't waste money on off brand that streaks, but when you buy Windex make sure its the original with ammonia.

4. Mr.Clean - cheap cleaners can't compare to its cleaning and shine and the smell lasts. I don't know about you but when I've worked my fanny off I want to see and smell the results. Just some friendly advice!
By MamawKC Editor's Note: What are some cleaning products that you swear by?

Model: Little Green

Manufacturer: Bissel

Cost: $75.00

I purchased the Little Green not only because I have (2) kids and (2) dogs, but because I am about the clumsiest person on the planet.

I was painting my room a nice shade of navy blue; I stupidly moved my ladder and didn't pay attention to where I was going and knocked my paint can over on my CREAM CARPET.

In a panic I grabbed a bunch of shop towels and sopped up what I could (it was enough paint to fill the bottom of your paint tray).

Luckily it was an area rug so I crammed a bunch of shop towels underneath it to prevent getting it on my hardwood floor. I grabbed my Little Green - didn't have carpet cleaner, so I had to use some of my Gain He laundry soap.

It took about 20 minutes and 3 refills, but it came out; my husband didn't notice anything. If he didn't see any stain in the middle of a cream area rug, the Little Green saved me once again!

Source: Unfortunately, personal experience

By Shirthead from Greenleaf, WI

I love all of the tips posted here, but my solution to this and other kitchen challenges is now Bar Keepers Friend Soft Cleanser. It is a liquid version of the scouring powder made by Bar Keepers. This cream cleans better than the expensive stove top cleaners and does dual duty for stainless steel, other kitchen metals (pots and pans), and hard surfaces. A small sponge, a little bit of this high tech cleanser, a tiny bit of elbow grease, a mini rinse with a moist rag, then a dry buff with a clean kitchen towel makes every surface look like new!

Get yourself some "Krud Kutter" all purpose pressure washer cleaner from Lowe's. I purchased it based on another reader's recommendation for cleaning the tub (did a great job, too!). I burned some caramel into a plastic cereal bowl while warming up caramel corn. I let the bowl soak overnight in a solution of Krud Kutter and water. Completely gone! There was still damage to the bowl from the heat, but the stain was gone. I'll be trying this stuff for everything! It's safe for humans, plants and animals. Thanks reader, for the tip.

By GrannyGoff from Concord, NC

I have tried many multi-purpose cleaners, but this is the one that beat all! It cleans absolutely everything and smells amazing. My favorite thing beyond cleaning wood surfaces, is the glass cleaning. I do my mirrors, my windows, my car windows. It is fantastic! My best tip is after cleaning bathroom or kitchen sinks including stainless, I wipe them down with this Pledge. They stay clean so much longer, especially if you also use it on your faucets as well. I can't say much more. Try it and let me know what you think!

By Karen Z. from Port Clinton, OH

I use Top Job cleaner in my steam cleaner to clean my carpets. It is the best that I have used. It smells fresh and is such a great cleaner for all my floors. Thank you so much.

I have recently purchased the product "Capture" carpet cleaning system. I was wondering if anyone has used this before and what are you opinions of it? I have pet stains I need to remove. Any suggestions? Also, does this product clean up next to the baseboards? Steamers don't get that close so I am hoping this product will do that. Can you use it in area rugs and furniture? Thanks in advance!

Jonnie from Utica

Answers

Hi Jonnie,
I have used Capture for several years. It is a very good product and works very well. If you have pet stains you may have to do them a couple of times. In the places I had pet stains, I sprayed the pre-spotter and then sprinkled the cleaner and brushed it in and let it set overnight. Vacuumed the next day. Just be sure to get close to the baseboards.
Good luck.

Our Frigidaire Affinity washing machine will not turn on. When it is plugged in, everything looks normal, but when I press start, the "no spin" button lights up and it won't turn on.
I replaced the door switch, but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks!

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Product: Awesome

Cost: $.99

I had seen this product many times at the 99 Cent store, but never tried it. Then I read someone else's product review on ThriftyFun and decided to try it. I am so impressed! I tried it on a spot on the carpet. Just sprayed it on and used a brush to just wipe away the stain. Unbelievable, with only light scrubbing the stain is gone. I went back and bought 4 more bottles to use on the other surfaces of the house. Bathroom floor, walls/woodwork, etc. and all the counters also. The list on the bottle tells more. If it works this good for me, I know you will like it too. Here are before and after pictures:

By Great Granny Vi from Moorpark, CA

Refill and spray bottles of Awesome cleaner

Comment Like this photo? 8