My Christmas Cactus!

What nicer gardening decor than a blooming cactus. They make you come alive when they decide to bloom. I am lucky with the two large plants I have, because they bloom each season. And I will post a picture of them. They are truly a beautiful sign of spring when they bloom in March!

Enjoy the photos!

By Jackie from Norton, MA

That is truly beautiful, and you are blessed to have such a healthy cactus. I have never had any luck with cactus! Guess you got it all. Ha!

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By siris (Guest Post)

Truly gorgeous. A friend gave me a slip so I'm hoping to have a bigger plant by next Christmas.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By siris (Guest Post)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Wow - it's beautiful. I got a light pink one from a neighbor years ago, accidentally divided it in half (a ladder fell on it), and gave half to another neighbor.

It seemed to like cooler temperatures and lots of neglect. It bloomed for weeks around Easter. I know there's a definite procedure to get it to bloom, but I've forgotten what it is.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Jean in GA (Guest Post)

BEAUTIFUL !!!!! The color is so rich on your blooms. My mom has one that always blooms in the summer after she has had it on the porch a few weeks.

Reply Like this photo? Yes
By Jackie Hunt (Guest Post)

Well, as badly as I neglect my African Violets, you'd think I'd be good at raising cactus, too, wouldn't you?! Ha! Do you think Northern exposure would be enough light - that's what my violets get. I have a poor really ignored Christmas cactus on my back porch which is putting on buds right now. Should I move it to my violet table or leave it where it is?

Answer: If your Christmas Cactus is on your back porch and is begining to Bud, Then leave it where it is!! Do not disturb your Cactus while Budding. It will then, Go right into blooming. It sounds like it likes where it is right now! Please, I would be interested in the results. Keep in touch.

Jackie
from Massachussetts

Reply Like this photo? Yes