Uses for Ripe Fruit?

Tips for using fruit that is soft and a little too ripe. Post your ideas.

Use up fruits and or vegetables that have begun to soften and put in a blender or on top of stove to soften. Use a masher or a fork (a masher is preferable.) If you are using fruit, add a little juice or water. Use in preparing breads, muffins and use just a quarter of the oil or less if baking. If you are not baking. Mash up fruits, add a little water, pour over ice cream.

By Sandi G

By Racer. (Guest Post)

If it is a tomato, I take it outside and mash it over my garden and the soft seeds grow into a tomato plant quickly. It is good for the dirt, and it produces it's own fruit.

By Jeane Howell (Guest Post)

For making peach icecream, the extremely
ripe peaches are the best flavored. We go

to the farmers market and they discount
the price because most people don't think
about using them in ice cream when they
are so ripe. They take a little longer to
peel, but you will get raves for your
dessert.

Jeane in Texas

By Claudia (Guest Post)

With overly ripe bananas, you can make banana bread. Yum!

By Christina (Guest Post)

A favorite recipe of BANANA BREAD really helps us use the VERY RIPE BANANA's. It is a must that the Banana's are extremely ripe for the best flavor to make the banana bread perfect! We never throw away banana's that are turning brown-black. We can toss them in the freezer for later use or whip up a batch of banana bread and enjoy! I have a recipe that everyone loves, family, my children, to first time guests...

BANANA BREAD:

1 Cup of Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Stick of Butter (softened)
2 Ripe Banana's

1 1/2 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Power
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Chopped Nuts if Desired

Blend first 4 ingredients, beat in the remaining ingredients. Spray Loaf Pan, pour in batter, Bake for 50 minutes @ 350 degrees

For Muffins, bake for 15 minutes @ 350 degrees

ENJOY!!

Use fruits that have started to soften and put into a blender with a touch of juice or water. After doing this put in refrigerator and let sit for a while. (you may freeze and thaw for later use) After thawing, pour over ice cream, cereal, oatmeal etc. I have also used in baked goods. Also try vegetables this way. Use your imagination. Have fun with it.

By Sandi

By Cathy (Guest Post)

Fruits usually go overripe with me because I don't use them quickly enough. Being short of time, I simply chuck them into a blender with some milk and icecream. Feel free to mix different types of fruits for great smoothies!

By Cathy (Guest Post)

Recently, I bought some blueberries which went soft within 2 days. I mashed them, stirred in some cream and raw sugar and froze them for a seriously yummy natural icecream. Could work well with any fruit - melon, babnanas, strawberries, etc.

When bananas get too brown; freeze. You can peel and freeze in freezer bags or just freeze whole. They are good for making smoothies or banana bread.

I understand you can blend bananas and freeze into ice cream (with no additives). If you have a Vita-mix you can blend and freeze into ice-cream right in the blender.

Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 28, 2005
😷
🐛
📓
🌻
😎
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf401162.tip.html