Consumer Advice

Saran Wrap Absorbent Sheets

Has anyone seen that Saran Wrap product, that are absorbent sheets you place under meats and food to absorb juices? I can't find it anywhere. I want to use it when vacuum packing meat to absorb excess juices. Or if anyone can suggest a similar product.

Thanks!

Lissette from Tampa, FL

I wonder if you mean Saran Wrap Disposable Cutting sheets. I have used them, but not for a while. They worked pretty well. Another idea, which is much cheaper, is to take a paper towel and fold it until you have a strip about an inch wide. (You could even start with half a paper towel. Put this at the top of the vacuum bag, right below where the seal will be. As the juices run to the top, the paper towel will absorb them. I do this and it works fine.

You might be better off finding a replacement. These are on the small side and as you need to use a lot, will be expensive.