How do I get a better room?

nicole

First, I'm only 12 years old and I completely and totally bored with my room. My room is pink, totally pink. The problem is, I absolutely hate the color pink. I was five years old when I last decorated my room. I loved the color pink then but I hate it now. help! I'm looking for either purple, blue, green, or maroon. I'm thinking sponge paint my room with the colors purple and blue, or green and blue? What do you think?-Nicole

If you want to do any sponging or other faux finish on your walls, try it out on a plain sheet of drywall first. Drywall is very inexpensive and the home improvement stores near me will even let you by half sheets or scraps. Also, Home Depot sells returned paint at a serous discount. Look to see if there are any colors you like. You can always have an additional can mixed to that color if they don't have enough returned paint to do the whole project.

Hope this helps.

Colleen

You could apply colored squares of tissue, like they did on Trading Spaces. It looks cool and retro!

Or you could staple up fabric, my mom did that, it looks nice!

Or put tons of posters all over...