Blackhead Remedies

I am suffering from black heads. Can someone give me advise to avoid getting them?

Shaik

I have blackheads on my nose, what would help?

Caroline

Read on the web about aspirin facials. Aspirin breaks down into acetisylisalic (sp?) and acetic acid.
The first is used in many mild peeling lotions and the later is what's in vinegar, also good for light
peeling. Anything that gets the skin life/death cycle going a tiny bit faster, like a cornmeal scrub, should open up pores and help with blackheads.

Don't try the toothpaste scrub! I tried it once and it stung SO bad. Just try putting toothpaste on it, and don't scrub. I've heard that that works too. Also try the goats milk. Sorry if this came in too late for you.

To not get Blackheads; keep your hands clean & keep them away from your face (or wherever the blackheads are) & don't touch the area. Wash your face when it gets dirty, but don''t over-do it or you'll make more oils & each night use an astringent cleaner & on round 100% cotton pads to cleanse the pores (you'll have to rub slightly hard). But to actually get rid of any blackheads you now have, I'd suggest going to a spa & having a facial. This is what a facial is for, to remove blackheads. These guys do it for a living! This will be the best 30 - 50 bucks you've ever spent! & don't get a facial right before a big event because it takes 2 or 3 days to have your face recover from one.

* You can also try those "Biore" pads:
www.Biore.com

I saw somewhere on this site about using lemon at night on blackheads. I tried it and it works very well.
I squeeze a few drops of fresh lemon juice onto a flat cotton pad. I gently press and wipe over blackhead areas.
After squeezing juice on, I flip the pad over and use that side, that way the pulp doesn't get on my skin.
Also, about once a month, after a hot steamy shower or bath, I use a cloth or kleenex to gently squeeze them. When the pours are open and softened from the heat, the oil and dirt comes out quite easily.
When in the shower or tub, I place a warm washcloth on the areas to open and soften the pours.
The skin must be heated to get them clean.
The lemon juice breaks down the oil inside the blackheads, just like lemon is used to break apart oil particles. Same idea as using vinegar or lemon to make salad dressing. The lemon separates the oil.

I tried using apple cider vinegar but it was too harsh on my skin and turned it all red.
Fresh lemon works well for me.

Try biore pore strips. It pulls the blackhead out.They sell it at drugstores. About 4 to 10 dollars for a pack of either 4, 8, or 14 .

Ask your doctor for a prescription for Retin A. It was formulated to remove blackheads. The tendency to having blackheads is hereditary.
Good luck.

I use the lemon juice of a fresh lemon. Just squeeze some into a glass or small jar. Use a cotton ball and dab over face. I do this after I wash my face with a vitamin c milkbased face wash, and top with a vitamin c moisturizer. I think Avalon makes it and you can get it at drugstore.com or a health or natural food store. I also take a vitamin b complex vitamin and drink lots of water.

Make a paste of baking soda and water and apply to wet skin for a few minutes. Rinse off with hot water and then follow with cold water.

I've tried nearly everything on this website and these blackheads aren't going away, some body please give me something new!

I tried lemon juice on a cotton ball and dab all around problem areas. This works along with an exfoliation creme. It's gentle enough to use every night.

I have tried boiling milk and adding lime juice, and it doesn't work. It just makes a white, gooey mess. I hope this helps.

The baking powder does not work it hurts A LOT! DO NOT use it with water said before. it stings and fizzes on your face BADLY! try bicarbonate of soda and cleanser. this is recommended by a makeup artist called Rae Morris.

Wash your face with WARM water. NOT HOT water. This will help to open your pores without drying out your skin. Then mix 3 tsp. honey and 1 tsp. ground cinnamon. Then put it on your trouble spots. Make sure not to put on too much, or it will continue to drip off. Just put on enough to make it stick to your face.

Lemon juice on a cotton ball works really well too. Remember to wash your face before putting anything on your face.

I am going to try the glue mask.

1 Tablespoon Knox gelatin
1 1/2 Tablespoon milk

Mix, heat in microwave about 12 seconds. If it is not dissolved heat for a few seconds more. Apply to face when it is slightly warm and let it dry. Peel off and rinse face with cool water. Make sure your hair is pulled back and do not get it on your eyebrows, eyelids or under your eyes. To open pores before you start apply warm water to your face and dry with towel.

I found a really good blackhead clearing remedy on here but can't find it! Does anyone know where it is or something to rid blackheads? Thank you!

Nicole from New Zealand

Answers:

Blackhead Remedies

Pretty Feet and Hands lotion. I think Dr. Scholl's makes it. The last time I bought it, I had to order it from drugstore.com. It is an exfoliant for elbows and heels. A little goes a long ways. I used it on my nose and chin for years, keeping it away from my eyes. The dead skin rubs right off, taking the blackheads with it. Nice. No guarantees, but by using Pretty Feet and Hands every week or two and Oxyclean pads daily, my blackheads were history. (12/23/2008)

By Holly

I am suffering from black heads, can someone suggest a home remedy for curing this problem?

Priyanka from India

Answers:

Blackhead Remedies

I use a facial soap called "Dessert Essence Thoroughly Clean Face Wash". This is their description: "Thoroughly Clean Face Wash combines the antiseptic benefits of tea tree oil with awapuhi and Swiss chamomile to improve skin texture and radiance." It's very gentle on your skin. But whichever method you choose, don't over do it. You'll just end up aggravating the problem and cause scarring on your skin. (03/26/2007)

By Wendy from Texas

Blackhead Remedies

Try mashed carrots for black heads and massage almond oil also helps to remove black heads. (04/05/2007)

By tehreem

Blackhead Remedies

I had a lot of problems with my skin when I hit my 30's. Here's what has worked wonders for me:

Grind a containers of whole, long cook oats in food processor or coffee grinder. Put the resulting flour back into the container and keep handy in the bathroom. Instead of washing your face with soap, pour a handful of the oat flour into your palm and moisten it well with raw honey. Gently massage this paste into skin. Rinse well with warm water. Then apply witch hazel with a cotton ball. Follow with a few drops of grape seed oil massaged well into the skin.

My skin has never looked better. Once a week I also apply a natural clay mask, followed by a good face steam, then witch hazel , then a few drops of olive oil. (04/07/2007)

By Kat63

Blackhead Remedies

I'm not sure if it works, but I heard that if you rub milk on your nose, the blackheads disappear. Again, I'm not sure if it works, but it is worth trying.
-S.C. (04/08/2007)

By

Blackhead Remedies

I use Goats milk and it works wonders! Before I used this Facial cleaner that has Hydrogen Peroxide in it, it feels good but it caused skin to heal over my blackhead ew. I strongly recommend goats milk. (04/17/2007)

By B.J

Blackhead Remedies

I would really stay away from any products with alcohol in them. I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid with success. Neutrogena makes a 2% salicylic acid product (salicylic acid is same as beta hydroxy acid in Paula's Choice). I tried the Neutrogena and found it a bit drying for my skin. The BHA/SA really gets deeper into pores without overstimulating oil production. (04/22/2007)

By

Blackhead Remedies

Use Neutrogena blackhead pads. (07/26/2007)

By .....

Blackhead Remedies

I used to have blackheads on my nose and chin growing up for years. Finally one day someone told me to take hot water on a washrag and rub them hard and do this every night before bed. In about three weeks they were all gone and I've never had them back because I still do it! (07/26/2007)

By vitaloo

Blackhead Remedies

Don't scrub them, it just gives loads of scabs and scars. (08/12/2007)

By lozazaz

Blackhead Remedies

I use warm mayonnaise, chili powder and egg whites. I just put it all in a bowl and warm it up. It works wonders. (01/01/2008)

By allen

Blackhead Remedies

I tried the goats milk from a packet of goats milk feta. It works amazingly well. (01/20/2008)

By Phrannymoo

Blackhead Remedies

OMG! I read on this site months ago about using goats milk to rid blackheads. I thought about it, but just never did it. This week I went to an all natural foods store looking for goats milk, bought it then had to build up the "want to" to put milk on my face! I have used it twice and am just absolutely amazed! I have been struggling to get rid of these things forever! I can't believe it. Thanks so much for the advice! (03/09/2008)

By Happy girl!

Blackhead Remedies

I use Bliss Steep Clean cleansing milk both morning and night to cleanse my face. At night I use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid after cleansing. In the morning I use Cabot Seban Solution by Cooperlabs after cleansing. I know everybody has different skin, but this has worked the best for me to clear blackheads and to control very oily skin. (03/23/2008)

By Rhonda

Blackhead Remedies

Steaming. Add 3 drops astringent essential oil (lemon, peppermint) to 4 cups boiling water. Steam your face for 5 mins. Keep pores unclogged, ex foliate using gentle scrub (not grainy scrub).

(03/29/2008)

By guddi

Blackhead Remedies

I am 48 and the best thing I have used is corn meal in my cleansing cream. I get blackheads in the same spot over and over again if I do not do this several times a week. Just use your regular cleanser, put in the palm of your hand, add some cornmeal and mix a little then wash as you always do. It works great. Shirley (04/05/2008)

By extras

Blackhead Remedies

Find Biore Deep Pore Cleansing strips. They can rip the blackheads right out!
(04/23/2008)

By Jay d e

Blackhead Remedies

I used blackhead pore strips for my blackheads but they didn't get rid of them and they hurt horribly and sometimes it made my face a little red. (07/24/2008)

By

Blackhead Remedies

I had black heads. I got rid of them in 3 days. Crazy idea but worked. Simply find a old tooth brush put a fingernail of tooth paste on it then gently rub the tooth brush over the black heads. The chlorine cleanses the skin and lifts black heads out and the tooth brush simply brushes them out. That helped me a lot. (08/07/2008)

By Deejay

Blackhead Remedies

The toothpaste scrub works so good, I just tried it for the first time and over 80% of my blackheads are gone! (11/01/2008)

By Emmers

Tips and advice for dealing with blackheads. Post your ideas.

Answers:

Help Treating Blackheads

Trying exfoliating your face with a facial scrub then an astringent (like Sea Breeze or Oil of Olay) to keep the pores open and from forming black heads. Everyone's face type is different. Figure out what your skin type is, sensitive, regular, oily and choose facial items that agree with you. Wash your face, then rinse it five times with cool water. Then use an astringent. Over time and using the products your face will lose those blackheads. (07/19/2004)

By Oklinn

Help Treating Blackheads

I use simple Elmer's glue. This is a "home-made" Biore strip. Take the glue bottle and sqeeze some into your palm, add a LITTLE BIT of water and mix it, then apply to your nose. You'll look funny as it dries, but once it's dry, peel off, and it will take all sorts of gunk that is caught in your pores with it. You have to be sure to have a nice thick layer spread on your nose for this to work. (07/20/2004)

By Ann

Help Treating Blackheads

I used everything until about two weeks ago I bought blue clay powder at the whole food market. I noticed it was listed as one of the main ingredients in many pricey masks. You just mix it wil a little bit of water and apply to the problem area, it dries pretty fast but the best thing is that as it dries you can actually see dark spots where it absorbed the oil from your pores. It is natural and it works not right away of course but it helps more than anything I have tried before anf I have tried almost every available mask from Clarins and Lancome to cheap Biore strips.
Hope this helps. (12/19/2004)

By julializ80

Blackheads

Rub Lemon Juice over blackheads before going to bed. Wait until morning to wash off the juice with cool water. Repeat for several nights until you see a big improvement in the skin. (05/19/2005)

By MrsMoted2

Blackhead Remedies

Try witch hazel cheap from any drug store for daily astringent. Also, it is a wonder to just tweezed areas! It does not dry as much as other products and easy on skin. Also try oatmeal soaps or just put oatmeal in white sock and wet and apply to face let dry and rinse. I do this once a week it really does help feels good, especially if you get sunburned.
(05/19/2005)

By meoowmom

Blackhead Remedies

The Biore clay based mask is good too. (06/02/2006)

By Mamajamma

Blackhead Remedies

I use a face steamer which deep cleans your skin and then I use a blackhead poper. Then undiluted tea tree oil after, its great! (06/08/2006)

By Dan

Blackhead Remedies

The following tip is taken from a book by Diane Irons (former model) and it's worked for me: "combine 1/4 cup boiling water with one teaspoon Epsom salts and three drops of iodine. Let the mixture cool until it's comfortable to the touch. To loosen blackheads, dab it on with a cotton ball." (06/08/2006)

By abineb70