AdviceFreezing

Freezing Raw Eggs Mixed with Other Meatloaf Ingredients

I am wanting to use my favorite meatloaf recipe and make a freezer dinner kit. In several sandwich size freezer bags, I plan on mixing some of the ingredients then putting all in a larger freezer bag. One bag will have dry ingredients, one bag will have wet ingredients mixed together and another the glaze. I don't want to premix the beef and freeze. I prefer to put it all together just before putting in the oven.

All that said, my question is how do you think slightly beaten raw eggs will hold up, in a freezer, when mixed with the wet ingredients? I'm not talking about "use within X number of months", but whether or not the eggs will do something odd.

Milk, for example, separates when frozen, it curdles when mixed with lemon juice and so forth. So if I mix eggs in with ketchup, mustard, etc., will there be a problem? Chemically or physically?

By MagnoliaSouth from Mobile, AL

I freeze the meat loaf prepared but not cooked but if you prefer to mix it at the last minute, why not just add fresh eggs out of your refrigerator at that time. Eggs keep a long time and most people have them all the time. Sounds like way too much trouble to have them frozen also.

I also just freeze the whole meatloaf. Prepare as usual and put in the pan and wrap the whole thing to freeze. Or if you want, form the meat loaf to the shape and just freeze the meat loaf. I have found that meatloaf makes wonderful meatballs. I like to form into balls. Then freeze on a tray then pop them all into a zip baggies to get out what I want to use at the time.