Plastic Produce Bags

I save the plastic bags that my produce comes in and use them to line a large coffee can when I am cooking. This is a great way to eliminate trips back and forth to the garbage can when you are cooking, just put your scraps and ends into the can. The bag keeps it from getting nasty inside.

Also, consider saving peelings and bits from vegetables to make stock. I keep them in my freezer in these vegetable bags until I have enough. Then boil them together in some water with salt pepper and spices, strain it and you have a nice flavored broth. Be sure that you are washing your vegetables of course. Don't want gritty soup! You can also save bones from a chicken, or meat bones to boil with the vegetables. Makes delicious broth just from stuff you would have thrown away anyway.

Better Living Green Living ReusingOctober 18, 2006
📓
🐛
🌻