Offer Used Plastic Bags to Customers

This may sound a little "unprofessional" to some, but in my business I mostly use used plastic bags for my customers. I simply ask "Would you like a recycled, used plastic bag?" and so far EVERY customer I've asked has said with enthusiasm "Why YES, I would LOVE a recycled bag!"

This only saves me a few pennies, but more importantly, it helps the environment. So all you business owners out there, why not offer your customers a recycled bag? (Be sure to double-check the used bags for cleanliness first.)

* You can also have a bin for them to return the plastic bags back to you and this might even help bring more customers back in!

By Cyinda from Seattle

By (Guest Post)

Good for you! Way to be part of the solution instead of the problem! Better yet, offer a small discount to those who have their own reusable bag or have some of your own inexpensive canvas type totes made up with your business logo on it to sell.