My Frugal LifeFrugal Living

My Frugal Life - Fixing It Yourself

Thankfully, my husband and I are doing all right on one income (unexpectedly) with 3 little ones. We have no debt and by God's grace, we are not lacking either. I give my husband and his upbringing a lot of credit for this. As much as he may have hated it growing up, his dad always made him come along on jobs to teach him how to fix things. His reasoning was that you fix up what you have, instead of buying new.

My husband has built and renovated houses, rebuilt car wrecks to exceed safety standards, fixed burnt out ovens and replaced parts on washers, etc. The money we have been able to save and the security I derive from knowing that if the car breaks down in the middle of the month, it won't kill us as much as it might others, has been phenomenal.

By Lee from Canada

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

My DH fixed our kenmore vacuum on thanksgiving day....and saved us over $80! He has rebuilt computers, bringing in a little extra money for bills, and fixes our car and others for little or no money. He is a big blessing in my Life!