Recycling Pill Bottles

Where can I recycle medication bottles? I live near Palm Springs, California.

By Debbie

I live in San Diego and had same problem but mine had some medication left in them.i called our local 211 who directed me to call a pharmacy.I called Walgreen's I was told to destroy all medication ,do not put in trash(people get in there) don't put in water supply either.You can turn bottles and meds not uses or just empty pill bottles to them.They dispose of meds the right way and recycle the bottles.Good luck, Luana McDonald make sure you take off labels and throw away before taking them in.You can also call the hospital and they have "toxic waste" for medication and I'm sure same as pharmacy.God bless!

I use the old pill bottles for beads, sequins and other craft projects, they are great little containers and make my craft room a much neater place.

Try contacting some of vet offices near your home. They can't be reused for people medicine, but vets can use them.

My vet is very grateful for the bottles I bring them.