Removing Ink From Vinyl Dolls

To get ink stains off a vintage baby doll, pull back the doll's hair and remove clothing to keep them from getting bleached. Liberally apply 10% benzoyl peroxide acne treatment cream to any areas with ink. Be careful to avoid the eyebrows. Lay the doll in the sun. It will take more than one application to completely remove all ink. Just keep reapplying until the ink is completely gone.

Source: Tip Junkie

By fossil1955 from Cortez, CO

I fixed dolls for the Council of Xmas Cheer for years. There were always dolls on whose faces some child had put permanent marker. I found that if they were just put in the sun for a few weeks the marks all faded out

Here is some feedback that was emailed in.

The doll has ink on her hand and wrist from a ball point pen, I applied 10% benzoyl peroxide cover up cream to any areas with ink. Placed under a reading lamp and left it for 2+ hours, 98% came off with just wiping the cream off. I applied it again to the small area left on thumb and left it under the reading lamp for another 2 hours, wiped it off and totally gone. This worked really well with little rubbing and no damage to the doll. Tks so much for your comments.

Carol

Wow, I tried hair spray, Dutch cleanser, nail polish remover without acetone, Folex, Green clean, Natures miracle, lye soap, Doterra cleaner, Pink solution, Magic eraser, rubbing alcohol, tooth paste, peanut butter, Bam, Polident tooth paste, sugar body scrub, Snap facial cleanser, Oxyclean mixed with borax, nothing worked 
Then I saw a couple sites with rave reviews about acne creams or gels with Benzoyl Peroxide combined with sunlight.

WOW!!! YES!!!!!!! AMAZIING!!!!!! I used persa-gel 5 with 5% benzoyl peroxide, applied it thick over ink areas, used a tooth pick to apply on area between her lips in case removed any of dolls original lip colour, left it in sun  on the lid of Rob's BBQ & positioned it so sun hit arms & face, in about 1 & 1/2 hours blemish cream had dried & started to lift a bit, peeled it off & to my amazement the ink HAD VANISHED, AWESOME!!!!!!!! OH SO HAPPY!!!!!!!

I am ever so grateful for the extremely helpful tip!!!!!!

Tried it don't work