LaundryCleaning

Reviews of Bounce Dryer Bar

I am wondering if anyone has used the new Bounce Dryer Bar? This is the new Bounce product that you attach to the inside of the drum in the dryer and it's supposed to be good for three months. It looks intriguing. I would love to not throw in dryer sheets every time, but don't want to buy it if it's not worth it. Thanks in advance!

By Kim from Crawford, CO

First off I have not tried the bar. I don't use fabric softener on towels as it takes away their ability to absorb and you cant pick & choose which laundry loads the bar uses as it is in your dryer until it runs out.

I tried to look up other reviews but so many people got free ones to blog about on their blogs so they did not see impartial to start off with.

I did see someone mention that the bar came unstuck after 3 weeks and she couldnt get it to restick. Another said it didn't last as long as advertised. And another said if you wear running apparel made of special fibers they say not to use fabric softener on them (like coolmax).

I have $2.50 off and also a $1.50 off coupon for the dryer bar. They do expire at the end of this month though. If you want me to mail them to you send me your address soon through my profile link or the contact link so it isn't public.

I tried it because I had one of the 2.50 off coupon. I don't use my dryer all the time so I couldn't say if it lasts as long as it says it does. It does work great. (I always forget to add the sheets.) Mine hasn't came unstuck. I love the smell of Bounce but never buy the dryer sheets. Too expensive. Lol. I love it. I will be buying a refill when it's time.

Yes I have bought one and I'm not really crazy about it. It gets the lint from the dry on it, looks tacky and really don't work that well. Also it doesn't smell as good as bounce either.

I used it, works good, but when it is all used up, it leaves sticky stuff under where it was stuck on to the dryer!

I bought one just to stick to the back of my bathroom door for a little bit of extra fresh smell. Works great for that! lol

I use one and like it very much!

If you go to the website for the Dryer Bar, you will find many, different reviews on there. Very honest and detailed. I haven't used the Bar yet, but I got mine for free, through Vocalpoint. I tend to think, after everything I've read (both good and bad), that it's just another gimick. I don't know.

I've thought about using the dryer bar, but haven't. I don't use a dishwasher, or drying rack, and I don't like the idea of whatever chemicals on my dish towels or cleaning rags rubbing off onto dishes, pots, pans, or any kind of surface.

I don't like lots of chemicals, I used dish soap in the washing machine, a couple of squirts, six or seven.
Then wash as usual.

Then I get a spray bottle and fill it halfway with water, then I put less than half of fabric softener of my choice. You can spray the clothes after or before they go in the dryer. Also a cheaper way is to put fabric softener in a margarine container and put in a rag. Squeeze it out and then throw it in the dryer, much cheaper and better than sheets.

I also used the spray as an antistatic spray on carpet, clothes, hair, etc. I also have used it as a scent for the room. It has many uses. Fleas are supposed to not like this, but I am not sure of the flea part.
Salt works for fleas. robyn

Not impressed at all. Still have static in the clothes.

Anonymous

Beware. Do NOT buy this Bounce fabric softener bar. It doesn't soften clothes and I couldn't remove it no matter how much I scrubbed. It now leaves a residue on the clothes that I'm drying.

Anonymous

I tried the bounce dryer bar and I will not buy it again. It was expensive, the softness and smell of the clothes were so so. I did not know when it was used up as there was no indication to let you know that it was used up. I will stick to my dryer sheets.