Nail TipsBeauty

Removing Nail Glue From Natural Nails

How do I remove nail glue from my real nails without soaking them in nail polish remover?

By Jeremy from Holly Pond, AL

Try filing it off. I like those nail blocks - a foam rectangle with emery paper on all surfaces. They give a little to conform to the nail shape.

DO NOT file it off! You are likely to go through your nail, and then they will be shot for months. I did skin, hair and nails for a living, and I will tell you the safest way. Get a tin of acetone at the hardware or beauty store ($5). Use a non-plastic bowl that you don't care about. Soak your fingers in the acetone 1 minute at a time, covering the bowl with a towel. Every minute or so, work the glue off into the acetone.

If it evaporates or gets gunky, pour it out and get more. The glue will dissolve until it can be wiped off with cotton. Apply rich hand cream and follow instructions for acetone use carefully. Salons charge about 20-30 bucks for this service because of the ventilation needed. In he future, a twice monthly manicure (even at a beauty college) will help you make the best of what's real!

Lol acetone is Not safe. It's cancerous..learned in WHIMS