RepairFurniture

Fixing Bump on Furniture

Hi, I recently bought a desk. I was fixing a hinge that had been put on incorrectly. When I went to put the screws back in I put a long screw in the wrong hole and ended up putting the tip of the screw all the way through to the front of the desk. I was able to put the wood back down, but the bump is still noticeable. Is there are good way to fix a mistake like this? Thank you so much!

Kelley

I would take out the "bump" and clean all the area around the hole with a brush or whatever to get rid of the dust, etc. Then put wood glue on the piece and the area of the hole. Then put together. If you can clamp it, then do that, if not place something heavy on top to keep the pieces together until they dry.

Just place a towel (not too thick) over the bump and take a board and a hammer and hit it. The towel stops it from marring furniture and start light then harder till it goes down.

First you have to take out the long screw you put in and even if you put in a fatter screw make it shorter, or none of it will work.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Furniture RepairNovember 21, 2004
📓
😎
🌻
🐛