Treating the Pain and Itching from a Yellow Jacket Sting?

How can I ease the pain and itch of a yellow jacket sting? I think I got the stinger out completely, but it was so hard to see. Should I put something on it to draw it out in case I didn't get it all? It's been about 24 hours and the itch is incredible. It's not too painful anymore, just a dull ache now and a little redness.

By ~gloria

Best Answer

Try hydrocortisone cream for the drug store. It will improve things overnight. You can put it on several times a day.

Seek medical treatment!

If you have Aspercreme it works as well as the new antibiotic creme that has a numbing agent in it.

I don't know if it will help now but the next time you are stung, use Adolf's meat tenderizer. It really works!

Bleach on a cotton ball held on area for about 5 minutes. Best done early on. Do not leave bleach on skin for more than just those few minutes. Amazing that the pain goes away and doesn't come back.

Swelling doesn't occur usually. Volunteer firemen in this farming community advised me of this remedy. They said most farmers carry bleach on their tractor for this reason.

Thanks all who have replied so far. Nothing has really worked yet. I'm seeing doc tomorrow for unrelated matter and will ask her what she thinks. Hope she doesn't charge me twice. :>}

I was just stung more than 20 times yesterday. Benadryl every four hours, Zantac, Aleve for inflammation and ice everywhere you were stung. My skin still hurts and is getting itchy, but feels way better than yesterday. I also got hives from this. Ugh.

Health & Beauty Home RemediesOctober 3, 2011
🐰
🍀
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/tf44616046.tip.html